Saturday, April 16, 2011

Photos from the Carolinas Road Trip

I'm back, y'all. Hopefully for just one more year or so, and then get myself moved to Charleston.  The purpose of the trip was to see if Charlotte, NC was a fit for me, and if you read my prior post you know that it's not.  Is Charleston heaven?  Well, not especially, but the quality of life can't be beat.  I felt very much at home in the south and I believe in my heart that I've found... my home.

Here is the route that I drove, I clocked just under 1400 miles:

http://mapq.st/gx7oWb

Part of the joy of the trip was taking pictures, and both Carolinas have great subject matter.  South Carolina more so, in my opinion.  Would you like to see the pictures?  I can't lie, I'm extremely happy with the way they turned out.  Lucky for me, I chose to be in Charleston during the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War, and I took many pictures of the "soldiers" that made the pilgrimmage.

Here is my general Carolinas set:



And the set of the Soldiers - which I highly recommend:



Stay tuned for another post on my observations from the trip. I made many mental notes, and you all know how that goes: great brilliant thoughts while you're driving that don't usually make it to paper. It's a lot like waking up in the middle of the night with the cure for cancer. What? That never happens to you? I must be special :)

1 comment:

  1. Charleston is a fantastic city. I should head there myself.

    ReplyDelete